Tuesday, September 30, 2008

God bless Rita AND her ice

As i write this my mouth waters in anticipation of my subject...

There are some things, that as i pulled out of Jacksonville and drove away, i realized i would miss forever. (that sounds terribly dramatic, but tis true)
...my house
the beach...
..forever21...i could go on...
high on that list was a little place called "Rita's Italian Ice"
I'm not one for chocolate, but i am most definitely one for the sour/creamy combination which is just what you get with one of their decadent gillatos (sp?)
(seriously my mouth spigotts are on full blast just typing out the words)

SO when i found out that a rita's is coming to knoxville!!! it warms my heart and moistens my mouth to think that a piece of home is coming to me
How grateful I will be for that first pleasurable bite into one of the greatest desserts of all times.

Not as grateful as i would be with a forever21 at my doorstep, but grateful enough to give them all the business they need to stay open :)

3 comments:

Angela said...

Or maybe you should just move back to Jacksonville! :)

Alicia said...

Oh, I've walked by there twice as they're getting it ready, and both times the person with me was like, "Yay! Rita's!" I love ice cream, I love Italian ice, but I don't think I've ever had gelato, so I'm pretty excited for all of those.

annabanana5940 said...

So where is this? once in a blue moon i'll actually be back in knoxville, i might like to try some!