Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Oogling and Googling

Technology is a beautiful things, my friends.

If it weren't for technology we wouldn't have google
And if we didn't have google I couldn't have just spent the last twenty minutes traveling down the street I grew up on several states away.

Thanks to Google maps and their "Street veiw" I can drive down 3862 Cedar Cove Lane anytime I want to. Not only that but I can "drive" down other streets all around the area with only a slight movement of the wrist.
I love it.
The day I found the Google street view in front of my old house I almost cried.
I may not get down there to visit as much as I would like but the fact that I can virtually visit anytime I want is a beautiful thing.

I'm sure one day I'll be able to sit inside a hologram of Cedar Cove, but until that day comes I'll enjoy a picture visit here and there and do some clicking down memory lane.

No comments: