Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Do the ChaCha

..On with my Google rant...
If you didn't know this already, another facet of Googles awesomeness is the fact that you can text it for a phone number and it will text you back.
Gone are the days of trying to determine if your call to information is worth the $1.50-now all we have to do is text "Barnes and Noble" to 46645 and every Barnes and Noble number within the country will be sent to your phone (for narrowing down sake, enter the zip code as well).

But the text world's limits don't end there. Now (well not now now they've been around since 2006) there exists a company that allows you to pocket an entire library of information. ChaCha (Cha meaning "search" in Mexican, and "Cha-Cha" being fun to say) is a service (for free) that if you text it any question, any question at all you will in a few minutes be texted an answer back.

Say for instance you want to know the world record held for sneezing...All you have to do is text 242 242 (which spells out ChaCha) and in moments you'll have the answer, instantly being the hit (or the dork if you pass on quirky information like that) at parties.

Now you may be wondering if my pitch for this company is purely for blogging sake...and you may be wondering why I just made that suggestion that you're wondering something when you're really not...well let me tell you
I make this pitch not to fill up white space, but because if you text ChaCha (242242) you may be getting me on the other end as I will be a ChaCha guide by next week. (a beautiful job I can do whenever and where ever I please in addition to my other daily duties.)

So text away, and tell your friends!
Oh and Donna Griffiths holds the world record for sneezing 978 days in a row...see crazy interesting, huh!

1 comment:

Angela said...

I love this! I'll have to try it sometime :)