Friday, May 2, 2008

Passions

I started thinking about passions the other day...
As in things that we're are passionate about doing (not the soap opera).
What got me thinking about this was writing that short story for my final. I found it so exciting to sit there and create a story where characters came from my own head and developed on the page. At one point as I wrote the dialog I didn't even have to stop and think of what the other characters would say, it just sort of flowed out. It was so invigorating.
Then I started thinking about singing. There's nothing I rather do more then stand on a stage and sing. That feeling of leading people into worship of God is...indescribable.

We all have a purpose and the perfect thing about it is that God wired us to absolutely love whatever it is we're purposed to do.
It's not something we dread, or do robotic-ally, it's something that makes every fiber of our being work-like batteries have just been clicked into place.

I love that; and I don't ever want to take passion for granted.

2 comments:

annabanana5940 said...

That's awesome.

Cindy Helton said...

"I love that; and I don't ever want to take passion for granted."

I hope that you hold true to that ideal. The world sometimes, perhaps without even consciously meaning to, can get so intertwined into your life that you can loose sight of the passion God has placed in you. As a "wise person" once said, we have to remember who we are, who God made us to be and remember it is ok to cultivate that person. This includes holding on to our God-given passions and pursuing them fervently if for no other reason than the fact they are God-given. Easier to say than to always do...... I love to hear you sing by the way!!