Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The best things happen while you're dancing

White Christmas is one of my all time favorite Christmas movies.
When I was a little girl I would watch it all year round and dress up in my dress up clothes (cast off's from Mom's and Sarah's closets) and dance around the living room singing each melody as loud as Rosemary Clooney and Vera-Ellen.

I watch that movie every year still and will often have random tunes from it stuck in my head, such as the other night when Dayton and I were sitting in our favorite chinese restaurant waiting for our take out to be ready...

Me (in a sing-song voice): "What can you do with a general, when he stops being a general. Oh what can you do with a general who's retired?"

Dayton: What?

Me (still in sing-song voice): "Who's got a job for a general when he stops being a general....ummm...Oh what can you do with a general who's...expired!"

Dayton: You're crazy.

If by crazy you mean still in love with the greatest musical ever made...then yes, yes I am.
;)

1 comment:

Angela said...

"They all get a job but a general no one hires."
Love that song.
Love that movie.