Friday, December 4, 2009

Psalm 34:1

"I will bless the Lord at all times His praise shall continually be in my mouth."

What's something that's in your mouth for long periods of time?
Gum.

When you think about it, we chew gum and know that we're chewing gum, but the whole time we're not thinking, "I'm chewing gum, I'm chewing gum, I'm chewing gum." It's in our mind, just not the tip of it.

When I read this scripture the first thing I thought of was "His praise shall continually be in my mouth" like gum.

How gross is it though, when we're chewing gum and then decide to eat a cracker (if you can actually reference a time when you've done this don't tell anyone).
It's at least a very imaginable gross-ness.

If you compare it again to the scripture it would be like chewing on the praises of God, then sticking a complain cracker in your mouth--they don't mix well.

I chewed on this scripture all day yesterday and plan to invoke the taste of cracker-gum next time I decide to complain about something.

You should do the same, and if you have trouble imagining the cracker-gum combo, try it-I double dare you.

No comments: