Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Free Range Thoughts

Today is what I'm calling Free Range Thought Day.
Hopefully by calling it this my thoughts will come organically (whatever the flip that means) and I'll have a wildly creative day.
I'm not even going to edit this blog. I'm going to write it, run it up the flag pole and see if it flies.

I'm giddy with possibilities cause today is a day when I have little to no writing responsibilities imposed upon me by the outside world, and I get to work on whatever I want to.
So I thought I'd start on this blog and go from there.

I was in conversation recently with someone about what I do.
I love it when people ask me that now, by the way, because I love saying it but I think sometimes I get too giddy about it and it doesn't eek out with as much smoothness as I'd prefer.

Instead of a silky nonchalant, "I'm a writer" it most often, at least in my head, sounds like, "I'm a writer..HuHu..yeah..*giggles"

In the course of our conversation I was presented with the need to explain why I love what I do and I answered it with this...Back in July someone (who I consider to be a notch above an acquaintance of mine) started spouting out deeply person problems to me.
In the moment that this was going on I was confused and could think of more to say to a block of cheese then I could to them about their problem.
It was then that the thought was born, "this is exactly why I want to be writer, that way I can work for hours at a time and not have to talk to anyone."

I think it's truly amazing how we're all built different ways and how our personalities match up with what it is we're supposed to do.
I also think it's perfectly satisfying to be content with your own personality. When you can settle down with a hot cup of coffee and relax in your own skin, that's a good day.

*holds up coffee* Here's to a warm blanket of skin....wow, that sounds horrible, but since I'm not editing, it's what I will end on.

No comments: