Thursday, May 14, 2009

hmmm...yep, yep, yep

I realize now I should have posted this last week.

That would have been cool, but no I'm posting it now.
It's yet another installment from my poetry portfolio (two more gems are yet to be enjoyed after this one).

Anyway this poem is one I was the least satisfied with out of all that I wrote for class. I realized this when writing it (which is the worst time especially since it was literally the last thing I ever had to do as a college student).
But I also realize that in being the person that I am I impose requirements upon myself that are sometimes incapable of being fulfilled by even the savviest of writers.
SO I clicked the print button and let it go.
Enjoy.



Last College Paper

I’d like to make this poem
A perfect reflection of
Everything I learned
In school. A showcase
Of quotes by Aristotle, a math
Concept or two. But I’ve found
That when you sit down
And try to make a pile
Of everything you know, you
Realize one thing about
What you’ve learned:
It will all eek out
At just the right moment. At least,

That’s what I tell myself.

No comments: