Friday, February 20, 2009

Left overs.

I've taken to jotting down notes in my phone every time I think of something to blog about. Looking back at the list I don't see how I could get a full blog out of each one so I'll share a sentence or two of my thoughts...

1. "Local Support."- this I do remember came to me on a day I had just visited a local book store, which I'm almost positive was preceeded with a little "you've got mail-age". But my thinking was this-we should work to support the local people who've established businesses around town. Not to say we should be uber-fanatical about it with death to corporate t-shirts or anything just consider them in your errands.

2. "Peace on earth"-It was back at Christmas time when you hear that phrase a lot and I remember thinking, "everyone wants peace on earth so bad, yet they try and throw out the one thing that brings a peace beyond human understanding-God" -One of my MANY profounds thoughts of the day.

3. "Purses on your shirt"- this came about from a womans jacket that was decorated with tiny purses and when I see clothing with any kind of object scattered throughout in pastel colors I just have to wonder, what that person was thinking when they bought it?..."tiny lipsticks and pocket books floating in outerspace is so appealing-I want it all over my jacket!"

4. "Texting has refined my editing skills"-while this is the least exciting/random of the three if you stop and think about it having to regularly confine what you are saying to 160 characters or less has to be working on our editing skills, it just has to be.

2 comments:

amber said...

1. i don't remember what i was reading but some woman was talking about taking the time to check the labels on products to see where they're manufactured so we're working to contribute to OUR economy and not other countries - which makes sense when you think about it. sometimes it's more than looking at just the name because i know i've bought store brands before and liked them just as well as name brands (and saved money!!). and as far as supporting local stores, i think they're cute :-) there's just something "small townish" about going to such stores.

2. it's as you said, we (the world) desire peace on earth but are stubbornly insistent that it can be achieved without God. yeah, doesn't really work that way.

3. i really can't add anything to this one.

4. i think txting promotes creativity because you have to sometimes shorten words to save space (such as great = gr8 or your = ur). plus if you use a really creative way to spell words, it will cause the recipient to rely on their reasoning skills to decode it :-)

Alicia said...

I so totally agree with #4. I don't particularly like using most of those texting shortcuts like gr8, so having to get my message into 160 characters really makes me rethink about the words that I'm using and what parts of my message are really important. I tend to type the message out as I think it, and then go back and edit until it fits.