Thursday, October 30, 2008

Twenty Five years of being me

Birthdays are the best.
And since the number of times people have asked me how old I am has grown exponentially since having a ring on my finger I think about growing older more often, and when I do I'm excited.

Being older affords you the ability to better appreciate the silly things in life. We can spend less time thinking about things we don't know and more about the things that make life great.

I have a lot of thoughts on this subject but not a lot of ways in which to convey them since this post has required several rewrites...I guess what I'm trying to say is that the future gets me excited not only because I'm confident in the great things God has for me, but also because I know that no matter how old I get, I'm always going to laugh when someone says "do, do" in a sentence.
:)

It's exciting to start another twenty five years of being me.

2 comments:

Angela said...

I laughed when you wrote "do,do."
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELIZABETH!!!

(I swear, as I was typing I almost wrote Eliza-beast! I have no idea where that came from after all of this time :)

Cindy Helton said...

Very wise, my friend. Trust me there are days 25 seems like only a moment ago and days I can barely remember it! You are certainly on track with the right attitude. As far as laughing at "do,do" sentences, two things. One I will never be able to hear that phrase again without thinking about you and two... you are married to Dayton. Laughing at life is going to have to be part of your formula for "making life great" ! Happy 25th !!