Monday, October 27, 2008

Musing lazily on love

Am I lost of just less found?
On the straight or on the round about of the wrong way?

I had other intentions for this blog but the Brooke Fraser song that's playing in my head would directly me differently.

Thanks to some friends with impeccable taste in music ;) I have recently been introduced to one of the greatest singer/songwriters I've known for a long time. (anyone to compare her to doesn't immediately come to mind)

The ironic thing is I've been singing her worship songs for months if not years already and so it's as if I've been introduced to someone whose path I've already crossed.

Brooke Fraser is a word smith when it comes to writing, crafting both intimate worship songs ("Shawdowfeet") and love songs ("The Thief")-a talent that has been blatantly lacking in most Christian music as far as I'm concerned.

Not only that but her voice is like a treasure trove of ability and as she sings she unfolds her talent in a way that allows the listener to slowly drink her in.

Speaking of drink, my first impression of this album (and if i wrote a CD review column this would be the opening sentence)...is that I'd love to liquefy her music and live off of it's lyrical nutrients for as long as it could sustain me.

It's just that good.

Anyone who can take the words of the greatest writer of all time-C.S. Lewis and sing them so beautiful has my uninhibited support for as long as we both shall live.

Haha so in case i didn't make it clear-Brooke Fraser's album Albertine* (correct spelling thanks to carly :)...Two thumbs up so high they would need some oxygen.

No comments: