Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Waaa....Waaa....

I am truly fascinated by the negative mind.
There are times after conversations with people that I just want to open a window to their brain and briefly peak inside at how they find the most disparaging spin on any situation.

Our neighbor could rule as Mayor over all negative people. It doesn't matter what you talk to him about, the cracks in his walls are going to grow and send his ceiling crashing down on his head the same day his truck explodes and his boss decides they are better off without him.

Yesterday, in fact, I ran into him as I was leaving Sam's. I was leaving the store with a succulent Rotisserie Chicken that smelled DELISH and was making my craving mouth water with ever whiff. As I was walking out of the store I handed him my receipt to verify my purchases and his response to my succulent chicken was, "Make sure that top is on tight or juice will spill out all over your car and leave a bad smell"
My response, "haha yeah and then I'd get hungry every time I drove"
My should-have-been-response, "Mmmm YE-YEAH Mama LIKE!"
Haha I was desperately hungry at the time.

It was that little transaction that caused me to wonder once again at the negative mind. I realize it's not difficult to acquire that train of thought because negative thoughts are about as cheap and as easy to get as candy bars; no, it's the decision to maintain that thought process that boggles my mind. Why you would want to go through life thinking the sky is going to fall and good riddin's cause it's a dull shade of blue anyway is beyond my being.

Here's something I guarantee will pop in your head next time you experience a strong dose of negativity...
(Ps. My favorite thing about these Debbie Downers is how everyone looses it towards the end :)

1 comment:

amber said...

that video made my day!!!