Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sunday. Monday. Tuesday. Wednesday. Thursday. Friday. Saturday.

When things start that spiraly motion and the only thought you can wrap your brain around is "whats going on?" you have to say

I'll stand

When you know beyond question beyond even an inkling of wonder that you are in the center of God's will and plans change in a way you never thought possible, you've got to position yourself

with arms high and heart abandoned

Because our finite minds with all the wisdom in the world could never contrive the plans He has for us that are thick with pleasure, and knowing that we must live

In awe of the one who gave it all

So I'll choose to stand my soul Lord to You Surrender,
I choose to say and live that All I am is Yours

2 comments:

amber said...

i'll have you know i was on this "i'm going to get a lot of school work done today" kick and i'm now pouring my energy into a response instead of continuing my assignment on surveying playground equipment. hmmmm...

sometimes we can find ourselves just going through the motions, on auto pilot as we muddle through each day, not even taking the time to even conjure up a unique thought. we can let others think for us and just follow everyone else, succeeding in only existing. this is when, as you’ve said, we have to make the decision to stand. we refuse to be just another face in the crowd and strive to live up to the call God has for us - not content to do enough to just get by. i was reading in ezekiel (chapter 2, verse 2) the other day and it talks about how the spirit entered him, giving him the ability to do what God was asking him to do. the notes in my margin say, "when God commands a servant, He gives power to fulfill by His spirit." i like that because even though God may have things in store for us to cause us to, with eyes wide, shake our heads vehemently, and put our hands up in objection, He knows exactly what He's doing and will equip us to carry out those plans.

i really like what you said about plans that are "thick with pleasure" - His plans, though maybe not we would ever plan, our so much better and are for our good. sometimes we can hesitate in surrendering all of us to God since we don't know what He has in store but we can be guaranteed it's completely amazing.

Alicia said...

All I can say is WORD to everything said above me. I especially love that song "Stand". The last line, "All I am is Yours" has stuck with me since camp; I started thinking about it not just as "I'm giving God everything I am and have," but as "I exemplify everything that belongs to God." All the characteristics that describe those who belong to God are the characteristics that describe me. And I should act like it. :-)