Thursday, November 20, 2008

Know You're Role

I just suffered through..I mean watched Jessica Simpson perform on the Ellen Degenerous show on YouTube from when she was on this week and I couldn't help but wonder...Why is she famous again?

I've got a very strong love/hate deal going with that family because first and foremost I don't agree with their early career moves, especially Jessica's and how she started off in the Christian world and quickly changed to secular music citing her boobs as the reason. (I do however drool over her line of shoes and found myself buying her edible makeup at one point.)

But her voice and performing skills leave one questioning the people behind her label, what were they thinking?
And Ashley she's got a great voice and I think she's a better performer but her reality show revealed the fact that she's nasty to her mom and has an intense potty mouth.

And these are the girls others look up to? Oh gosh.
It's like the blind leading the blind.

Just like "The Hills" or more adequately titled "The Insecure" My only hope as I watch that show (with the car wreck metaphor playing strongly in my head...can't...look...away...)is that other girls who are just as insecure see how people like Heidi and Audrina throw themselves away to trash boyfriends and hopefully those girls watching somehow pull from that more respect for themselves.

*shivers* I cannot dwell on the thought of these people being labeled "role models" because while they may be able to pull off the part of the model, they are vastly unaware of the significant role they play.

1 comment:

daynagonzalez said...

Are you using your phenomenal way with words to write anything besides a blog? I know you're in school still, but seriously, you need to write a book or something!