Friday, February 15, 2008

With a wink and a....WATCH OUT!

When I was a little girl I read a scripture in the Bible that talked about winking. I can't remember it's exact wording-and now having tried to find it I think I may have combined two verses in my head-but it said something to the effect of...the man that winks with his eye will have it plucked out and be eternally damned.

Yeah, now that I write that I definitely got the verse wrong as a child but no matter, that's what I thought the Bible said so I adheared to it closely.
So closely, in fact, that everytime a friends dad or someone would wink at me I would get scarred that birds were on their way to extract the sinners eye-ball.

Obviously as I grew older I came to my senses and the realization that there was something deeper going on with whatever it was I read, and literal winking wouldn't reserve your spot in hell.

Now days...I love getting winked at. The non-touchy person that I am I would much rather be given a ;) then a hug or various other forms of physical affection.
Maybe subconsciously I still believe people are putting their eternal lives on the line whenever they wink at me and that makes it all the more alluring, I don't know, I do know that I absolutely love it.

It's quick, it's fun, it's a moment shared only between you and the winker...and that makes me smile everytime.

Although it is ironic that my friends dad who winked the most ended up wearing an eye patch over that eye for a long time and I never knew why...

just jokin

;)

2 comments:

Cindy Helton said...

I want to know how many winks you actually solicit from this blog. Seriously I want numbers! I envision strangers stepping over each other to give you a wink... just to see you smile. You kinda have the whole "siren" thing going on as you finding the winker putting his immortal soul on the line for ,yes, a wink at you , alluring. I also wondered did you assume every pirate a "winker" hum...

Alicia said...

best. verse. ever!